Creating Brilliant Readers, Writers and Speakers
Ms Tattersall & Mrs Threlfall-Smith are the subject leaders and champions for ENGLISH.
Statement of Intent for Literacy:
We believe that to become brilliant citizens our children will be confident communicators (in both written and spoken forms) and passionate readers. They will understand the crucial role literacy will play in enriching their lives and enabling them to reach their full potential.
At Cavendish our English curriculum will ensure that all pupils will:
- learn and develop the skills prescribed in both the EYFS framework and National Curriculum
- be able to apply this knowledge and these skills in different subject areas
- develop themselves as confident speakers and attentive listeners
- develop readers with excellent decoding and comprehension skills.
- celebrate reading for pleasure
- recognise the value of writing and communicating effectively
- feel confident, supported and challenged
- be independent and collaborative learners
- have any barriers to learning identified and receive appropriate specialist support to overcome them.
Experiences in ENGLISH...