In our school, we believe that children will become creative, confident and co-operative mathematicians. They will develop resilience and a positive attitude on their journey to being brilliant citizens. They will understand the importance and relevance of maths in their lives.
At Cavendish our maths curriculum will ensure that all pupils will:
- develop an enjoyment of maths through engaging lessons in a well sequenced curriculum which reflects the intent of the National Curriculum
- learn maths in a meaningful context across the school
- learn and apply concepts in a developmental way
- feel confident, supported and challenged
- make connections within maths and across the curriculum and understand that it is not a discreet subject
- be independent and collaborative learners
- have any barriers to learning identified and receive appropriate specialist support to overcome them
- be taught by teachers who are supported by Numbers Count specialists
- be prepared for the next phase of their education
This year as a school we will be following the MathsBeat scheme. Long term planning can be found below.