All at Cavendish Community Primary School are committed to the health and well-being of our pupils. We strive for excellence in performance whilst recognising every child’s achievements will be different. Our PE curriculum is an excellent opportunity to instil Cavendish values (Equality, Positivity, Courage, Respect, Responsibility and Kindness) into our pupils. We also offer a broad range of extra-curricular activities in order to elevate children’s opportunities and aspirations.
- Equality – To provide equal opportunities to all pupils, so that they can develop skills to promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Positivity – To promote enjoyment of and engagement in physical activity.
- Courage – To challenge and motivate all pupils to improve their performance.
- Respect – To be able to work as part of a team and individually.
- Responsibility – To provide opportunities for children of all abilities to be able to engage in different leadership roles during PE lessons.
- Kindness – To develop spiritual, moral, social and cultural awareness through competitive and co-operative activities.
Competition Calendar 2022-2023
|Cross Country||September 2022||Wythenshawe Park||
Girls Team - 6th
Boys Team - 6th
|Girls Football Festival||November 2022||Chorlton High School||
Year 6 team - 2nd
Year 5 team - 3rd
|Year 5/6 Dodgeball||11th January 2023||Whalley Range High School||
INSPIRE - 2nd
EXCEL - 6th
|INSPIRE Year 5/6 Basketball||16th January 2023||Levenshulme High School||
|EXCEL Year 5/6 Basketball||23rd January 2023||Levenshulme High School||
|KS2 Panathlon||26th January 2023||Manchester City Athletics Track (Etihad)||
|Year 4/5 Swimming Gala||1st February 2023||Manchester High School for Girls||
Boys Team - 1st
Girls Team - 1st
|Year 4/5 Championship City Wide Final Gala||27th February 2023||Moss Side Leisure Centre||
Boys Team - 4th
Girls Team - 1st
|INSPIRE Year 5/6 Netball||8th March 2023||Whalley Range High School||
|Year 5/6 Rounders||Summer 1 TBC||TBC||TBC|
|Year 5/6 Cricket||Summer 1 TBC||TBC||TBC|
|Year 3/4 Golf||Summer Term TBC||Platt Lane Sports Complex||TBC|
|Year 5/6 Golf||Summer Term TBC||Platt Lane Sports Complex||TBC|